Sunday, August 5, 2012

First day of Joy School

Ok I realize that it is the first day of a Joy School, which is not even an official academic preschool, but I still cant believe that my little man went to school.

Because Saku tends to have a hard time parting from us, we made a huge deal about school. We talked about it, we bought a new Spiderman shirt for him, we packed his backpack (with extra underwear and shorts), we ate delicious cinnamon rolls  and took pictures of him.

Few days before the first day, he told Troy that he was going to school and he was going to take the bus. Unfortunately, there are no busses for him, but he seemed just fine with our transportation. 

Troy was able to stay home in the morning so Saku had the whole family dropping him off. Yes, we are very much first time parents. Saku found his name , which is amazing to me, on the Joy School House and happily check out his picture behind the flaps.  Then he gave Troy a high five and went to play with the other kids.


He was just silly with excitement

Isi: "Saku and Eerika hug each other". Eerika wasn't so excited about this situation

What a big boy!
 When I picked him up 2.5 hours later and asked how he liked it, his answer was "I didn't cry". Yes, he was very proud of himself and so was I. And he was all smiles. 

The first mom teaching is Farrah, and she said that Saku wasn't too excited about the singing. When I asked what his favorite part of school was, Saku said "singing". So funny. He probably didnt know any of the songs and wasn't singing, but as long as he liked it, we are happy.

He will be going twice a week and I teach every 7th week. The whole program is pretty laid back, which I like. We just wanted him to learn to listen instructions and act appropriately and have fun. 

Saku likes to tell Eerika that he goes to school and she doesn't.  Gotta love the three year old's need to feel superior.

It is so bitter sweet to see your kid grow up. I love the time I can spend with Eerika, but I do miss him while he is gone. Of course, then he will drive me crazy within hours again, but isn't that how parenting is?

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Eevi, I hope you don't mind that I have been reading your blog :) I'm so glad Saku liked Joy School! Jayden was always the same way with singing. He loved it, but everyone always thought he hated it because he wasn't a loud singer I guess.