She is finally talking.
I think I can finally say that Eerika is talking. She can say full on sentences such as "where did isi go?" or "come hide äiti". And I hear ""äiti help me" a lot:)
I do not believe in comparing your children, but I have to say that Saku was always a very clear speaker. It was easy to understand him.
Eerika, on the other hand, has her own language. She says words but there is much translation that I have to do for other people.
However, it doesnt mean that I am not very proud of her and the progress that she has made in the last few weeks. Her language development has truly been an example of how sometimes learning things slowly can be very rewarding.
Saku loves to play "Eerika say bumble", "say bee", "say chair" and he can keep naming objects for good five minutes and she repeats them. Some of the words can be understood and some are definitely not any way near of real words:)
And her primary language is English when it comes to full on sentences. Yeah, it kind of breaks my heart but we are just too much surrounded by English and I just speak way too much English to them. So our five week trip to Finland can not come soon enough for their Finnish language development. Ukki better speak 100% Finnish when he comes in a week and a half so all of us can get a better handle on our Finnish!
No comments:
Post a Comment