We are in a middle of a big backyard project. We are putting pavers in and building a patio that will have a fire pit in the middle of it.
We have moved literally tons of bricks, shoveled rocks for hours and created so much dust. Our hands were so sore from handling the stones.
I am pretty relaxed mother and don't mind my kids getting dirty, but the amount of dust and dirt in our yard makes me want to be finished with this project ASAP.
We chose the timing of our project well. Dad arrived two days after the first shipment of blocks and pavers and he worked for hours each day that he was here. He earned a nice sunburn and took about four showers a day. Troy and dad got up at 5 am to pour concrete and make the foundation of the wall.
![]() |
| The kids' favorite part was when we soaked the dirt to make it more dense and they could play in the mud. |
![]() |
| It was like a puzzle to put the wall together. Except the puzzle pieces were very heavy! |
![]() |
| I was able to impress Troy as I used the jackhammer to soften up the ground. |
![]() |
| Yes she loves the dirt. |




3 comments:
wow. that wall is impressive!!
oh man it is looking so good!!
Your dad is the bomb.com. I just love him and I haven't even met him but once!! He's such a good dad and grandpa. Makes my heart happy!! The backyard looks great!!
Post a Comment