Monday, July 15, 2013

Cousins

Saku is the first grandchild on my side and the third youngest on Troy's side, so our kids are sort of in a cousin limbo because they are the oldest or youngest by several years. We are also far away from cousins, so we haven't gotten too much time with them. 

This summer has been different. While Troy was at scout camp during the first week of June, I escaped the Tucson heat and spent five days in Utah. This was the first time that Cambree and Eerika were old enough to play together and they played so well. I couldnt get over it. It was such a nice thing to witness and a relief that I didn't have to worry about breaking up fights every few minutes.  Eerika is exactly four weeks older than Cambree, so their ages match perfectly for a play mate.

They would sit on this pile of toys and play for hours. Eerika seemed to be a bit of a ring leader and boss Cambree around, but they both seemed okay with the arrangement t. 
Nothing like playing in some cold and dirty water

When we went to San Diego, Troy's parents were there and Cambree and Makayla as well. So the cousins got to play together on the beach for five days. Once we got home from San Diego, it was girls' camp week for me and grandma and the girls came down to Tucson to help Troy while I was gone. Yes grandma wrestled four kids on her own while Troy was at work. 

Fortunately, Makayla (almost 8) is very generous with her friendship and patient with Saku and they play very well together. They both love pretending so there was no limits to their imagination when they started to play. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of them. 

Cute girls in matching dresses after church.

Eerika and Cambree at the gym playing with parachute. Isi was very kind to take all the kids there.

Somehow the girls climbed over the fence while playing on the patio. I wonder who instigated this act of rebellion.

Play dough is always fun

Nothing like playing in the Tucson monsoon rain and then the sprinklers going off. They also decided to go and play in the sand after getting wet, which meant that they were filthy dirty. 

While we were in San Diego, Anna's baby girl was born. She is our newest cousin and I cannot wait to snuggle her. In few years, Eerika can teach her all sorts of tricks:) 


No comments: