Saturday, January 4, 2014

An Awesome Game

Today started as our two chicken nuggets climbed into our bed at 7:30. Troy and I stayed up way too late last night. I need my sleep so I usually make sure that lights are out by 10 pm. However, I was about to finish a good book and therefore it was close to midnight before I fell asleep. Troy was editing a video of Saku's skiing and he went to sleep even after that. 

I got my butt out for  a run and returned 25 minutes later with heavy legs and good spirits. We powered our tired bodies with sweet potato hash browns and fried eggs. 

I am no food photographer. So this is just for evidence for a super delicious meal that I had never thought of before. For the record, I liked it more than Troy did. He still wished he could have his regular hash browns.
Saturday mornings mean soccer games. I honestly wanted to skip this one. It's not that I don't love soccer games or cheering for Saku, but I wanted to enjoy one more day when we were in charge of our schedule. Troy reminded me that there might not be enough kids to play if we skipped, so at 10:30 we were all driving to the field while getting pumped up with Katy Perry's Fireworks. We also realized how we need to start filtering what music can listen as he was belting out Lady Gaga's "Do what you want" song. It is just awful. 


Saku's game was awesome. It was the best game he has ever had. He didn't score a goal, which he has done in previous games, but he had fun. He ran fast to defend his goal. He was happy when his team scored. He worked really hard. We were so proud. He did take a fall in the end and scraped up his elbow, which dampened his spirits. However, even Coach Gina noticed the difference.

We aren't sure why today's game was so good. Next week might be a struggle again, but Troy and I were so happy after the game. 

We had reminded him how some kids are better at soccer and some kids are better at skiing. I think that helped him. But really who knows. 

Lunch was a chicken chili soup. This paleo business means lot of cooking. Eerika also wanted macaroni and cheese. There was no boxed ones, so I ended up making that from scratch too.

The evening included few miles of biking for the boys. 

 
 And about a quarter of a mile biking for this girl. I am bikeless, so I just walked as she pedaled with all her might.


Dinner was ham, cauliflower, squash and zucchini. Saku said "we should have this ham every day".
I think Troy agreed:) 

No comments: