Friday, January 31, 2014

Eerika is three!!

Eerika turned three on Sunday.  I had accidentally scheduled myself for Saturday night and didn't get home before Eerika woke up. So we had to get creative with our tradition of waking up the birthday person with a song, breakfast and presents.

When I got home, I asked Eerika to get back in bed. We put donuts(from the hospital cafeteria) on a tray, got the presents and blasted out the birthday song while Eerika pretended to be sleeping. She did an absolutely fabulous job of pretending to be sleeping. She didn't "wake up" until the song was over. 

She was such a gracious gift receiver. "Thank you so much" was a phrase that she repeated over and over again. 

Saku was also very sweet about being excited for Eerika. It felt like a great morning of celebrating miss Eerika. 
Birthday girl with her awesome bed head and gifts wrapped in Christmas paper.

The birthday haul included puppy dogs, legos and a baby doll. 

She also took a short nap on the way to church.
Birthday lunch was mac-n-cheese, which seemed like a treat since we haven't had those foods around this month.

At church, people congratulated the birthday girl and she felt like a rock star.

In the evening, we had the Rawlings over for smores. Eerika was happy to have marshmallows and run around with Amber, Curtis and Catherine.

Troy and I tried a new type of smore with milkyway and it was delicious.

No comments: