Sunday, May 24, 2015

Aleksi at 7 months

Aleksi at 7 months

He has found his voice and likes to squeal when he wants our attention. It is not an angry or upset squeal, it is simply "Hey I'm here"

He loves to eat. He has tried many different baby food flavors, puffs, pancakes, tortillas, yogurt, raspberries and avocado and banana. He accidentally got some green chili sauce in his mouth when I was feeding him part of my tortilla and the flavor was clearly too much for him. We have started to eat three meals a day and he still nurses every four hours or so.

He sits like a champion and reaches for toys.

He flips on his back every time we try to do tummy time and work on that crawling business. He can move around in circles on his tummy if he wants to but he doesn't have tons of patience for that.

He moves around in his sleep like crazy and does not like to be held. This made our trip to Denver tricky as he wouldn't sleep in our arms. SO ironic as we held him so much during months 3 and 4. 

He takes two great naps on his own. And now it is summer time which means I don't have to wake him up from his naps for school pick up!

Still wakes up at least twice a night. I have come to terms with this so now they aren't emotionally hard on me and I nurse him quickly and I am back to sleep within minutes so it isn't physically too bad either. Of course I am looking forward to more continuous sleep, but I feel happy and content with our sleep nowadays. 

He loves baths.

He likes sitting in the stroller and going for runs and walks. 

He takes naps in his car seat so well. Our first baby to be happy in his car seat. We put on some white noise, give him his tutti and cover the car seat and he goes to sleep. Of course it isn't as good as napping in his own bed, but it makes mandatory car time much more doable. 

He continues to be a happy and social baby. He is flexible and goes with the flow. 

He wears fashionable bibs to prevent skin breakdown around his neck from the excessive amount of drool that he produces. 

As I look at Aleksi, it blows my mind that Saku was crawling and pulling himself up to standing at this age. However, Aleksi is so content doing his thing that I will enjoy that. Plus he is very strong so I am not worried about a developmental delay. 

When I asked Troy how Aleksi was today (as they didn't come to church due to sickness), Troy said "he was Aleksi" as in  "he was happy".

I love you happy little boy!

No comments: