On Wednesday night, Troy suggested that I do the "supernanny" when putting Saku to bed. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I was the enforcer or he knew what to expect, but he thought it was a fun game to get out of bed and have mom put him back in there. I probably put him back in bed 20 times. There was no crying or fighting, just giggling.
Earlier that evening, I had run 4.2 miles (the longest run since Eerika was born) and I was very tired. I was sitting on the floor and had laid my head on my arms as I waited for Saku to settle down. I had been sitting like this for 5 minutes and hadn't heard a peep from Saku. Suddenly I heard snoring. I thought "sweet, he finally fell asleep and I can get up from this uncomfortable position".Few minutes later I looked up and there was a little boy sitting on the floor right across from me.
Saku had slowly lowered himself on the floor next to the bed while doing a fake snore. He must have been so careful to be quiet that I had not noticed a thing. When he realized that I had spotted him, he let out the happiest little giggle.
While I would prefer that he would just stay in bed, I have to say that he is one clever boy. Plus wouldn't life be boring if our kids would always behave appropriately and obey perfectly?
4 comments:
too cute! And good for you that you're back running! Yay!
HA! What a funny kid!!
Miten Saku onkaan noin söpö ja kuvat onnistuu hyvin?:) Kahden viikon päästä nähdään!
i'm glad to see you guys were trying to figure out how to get saku into a big boy bed...we're going to try with lowe here in a month or two and i'm terrified. that supernanny method might work with lowe. tyler just thinks lowe'll go to bed in the big bed if i'm in there with him! (this has worked several times on our bed but 730/8pm is a little too early for my bedtime!)
Post a Comment