Saturday morning at 7:45 am, I headed out for my 9 mile run. I had my new guilty pleasure podcasts on my iphone, my Garmin was around my wrist, my much loved running hat was on and I greeted the sunny, yet crispy air with so much happiness.
We were visiting Troy's parents for a night so I was running on flat surface streets. After running around our new house which has hills all around it and is in higher elevation, the flatness of my route felt great.
I laughed out loud as I listened to the podcast. I checked my route multiple times. I went the wrong way once. I greeted fellow runners and walkers with a cheerful "good morning"-hopefully it wasn't too cheerful that would make people wonder if I was taking some sort of happy pills. And I ran, and I ran for a while because running 9 miles takes some time.
My seventh mile was at the pace of 8:31 and the last two miles of the run were around 8:15. My poor garmin died after the seventh mile so I don't have the exact numbers for the last two miles.
I was in heaven. I have been working hard for the last three weeks and Saturday's run was a proof that I am getting stronger and more fit. I know I can be fast. I know I run far.
And the best part is that Troy always knows these things before I do. When I got back to the house, I said something along the lines of "can you believe how fast I run that" and "I feel great" and he was like "yeah I knew it would be easy run for you".
Well I wouldn't say that it was easy because I did have to work to keep going for those 9 miles, but I love that he totally thinks that I can do great things.
There is a slight chance that I am slightly obsessed with running right now.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great run! There's no better feeling, especially if it's a long one. What a great pace for nine miles!
Way to go! You are amazing...
Post a Comment