Today I checked out the marathon route. I cannot believe I am running my race in less than 36 hours. Honestly, it felt like a long drive in a car, which makes me little nervous to be running it. But the scenery is beautiful and it is going to be awesome-painful, but awesome.
Yesterday I was running away from the police officer. OK, I didn't run away but I did get pulled over for the first time in my life. I was going 80 on 65 mph zone. I thought it was 75 mph zone. The officer was fabulously nice and let me get away with a warning. His comments was "you are a marathon runner, but you drive like a sprinter."
This afternoon I enjoyed a cool 3 mile run. The Utah weather has been a nice change from the heat of Tucson.
I run because it makes me happy. I run because it challenges me. I run because it makes me feel strong. I run because it makes my legs look awesome. I run because it makes me feel grateful for my body instead of criticizing it. I run because it allows me to have "my time". I run because I can.
Happy National Running Day!
4 comments:
Good luck girl! Wish I knew you were running here I would love to be there to cheer you on. I miss you so much!
Good luck in your big run!!
Have fun Eevi! I love your crazy drive to do something this awesome!
You are so awesome!! 3:51?!?!?! You crazy animal!
Post a Comment