Tuesday, June 3, 2014

18 weeks along

Some people say that when you are having your third baby, fourth baby etc., you don't think of how far along you are. I am not one of those people. If you ask me how far along I am, I can tell you the exact number of weeks and days. I think it is because for so many weeks, I just wanted to get past those early weeks and feel like I could actually enjoy the pregnancy and the idea of having a baby. We are way past the first trimester, but I still have my moments of worry and doubt.  I think they will stay with me until I actually hold this baby in my arms.

Prior to our last appointment, I had worried that I hadn't gained weight while we had vacationed and eaten plenty of good food. Any other time it would have obviously been a cause of a celebration to get away with it, but I was worried that it was a sign that something was wrong.

Well this past month, I started to gain the weight. I think that is the pattern of my previous pregnancies as well. Between weeks 16 and 24, I suddenly gain a lot of weight and then it evens out. I really am not that concerned about it as I don't aspire to be the cutest pregnant lady on the block, I just want to be a pregnant lady. But then again, I don't want to turn into a whale because I was "not that concerned about it".  I have been walking on the treadmill. For some reason, I get very out of breath when going up and down the stairs.

I can feel the baby move every once in a while. It is not a constant and obvious movement yet, but there are times when it surprises me and makes me feel very happy.

The kids just love the idea of the baby. Saku informed me that he loves me but he loves the baby more. Eerika constantly hugs and kisses my belly.

Troy affectionately pats my belly and says "you looks so cute".

I think it is safe to say that we are all looking forward to this baby. As Troy says "babies are awesome 20% of the time":)



2 comments:

Anna said...

Hyvältä näytät!! Ihana sporttinen mama:)

Unknown said...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewie! Check out the legs on that hot mommy!!!