Friday, June 27, 2014

Little Man

Today was our big ultrasound. When we had one of our "reassurance" ultrasounds at 13 plus weeks, Dr. Farias predicted that we were having a boy. She said that we shouldn't be painting any rooms, but she would put her money on a boy. So ever since, the baby has been a boy in my head. And today we got the confirmation that we really are having a boy.

Obviously I am very aware that Heavenly Father knows what is best for our family, but also I feel like another boy will be a great thing. Saku can have the responsibility of being a big boy example to his brother and Eerika is such a fire cracker that she can handle anything. 

The gender was announced right in the beginning, and then we spent our time marveling at the tiny bones, the healthy brain and beating heart. This little man was very much into having his toes over his head.

We had the kids with us, which made the experience fun. Dr. Farias was very patient about answering Saku's questions about the ultrasound machine and what was showing on the screen. Troy was able to point out different body parts to the kids. 

The baby measured about six days larger than what my due date's baby size is, but since due date is such an abstract concept anyways, I will just stick with what we tell the kids "that the baby will come sometime after we go trick or treating". 

Another testament of Dr. Farias is the fact that she gave us 3D pictures of the baby's face.  I just love the fact that she goes beyond the basic care to provide us with a special experience with the pregnancy. The baby's estimated weight was over a pound.  I don't remember getting a weight estimate before. I guess I am getting old and the technology is getting better with each pregnancy:)

I know it is still 18 weeks away, but I think I will get those little boy clothes out this weekend and get excited about the fact that I get to dress another little boy in those much loved onesies that Saku wore five years ago. 

Saku felt the baby kick last night. It is whole another experience to have the kids understand and experience this pregnancy. Today Saku prayed that "the baby would be safe until he is ready to come out of äiti's belly".  



1 comment:

Ilkka said...

Thank you for sharing these special moments.

Isi