Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sometimes I Just Need to Breathe

Lately I have had crazy dreams. Dreams that leave me feeling restless and sometimes even anxious. I lay here in bed and say a prayer in my hazy brain, takes some deep breaths and usually miss Eerika wakes up by then and off we go for another day.

Eerika loves sleeping on our floor. There is a comforter folded up as a mattress, a pillow and another comforter to work as a blanket as on most nights, she ends on the floor. Last night it was little after 1 am when I heard some whimpering. She was laying on the landing and wanted a drink. She got a drink of water, went potty and was back to sleep within 20 seconds. She just likes the comfort of sleeping near us. It is quite wonderful to be the source of comfort for someone like that. I always sleep so much better when Troy is sleeping next to me. 

This week has been busy with Saku's birthday celebration and the birthday party. Yes two different things. Grandma and Grandpa have been visiting us. It has been very good. Tomorrow night is my last shift at work. I realize that being busy sucks the life out of me. Especially when I am pregnant. So this morning I am craving for our usual routine of slow morning with lots of reading, lego building and the obligatory playing of "little girl".

These two children are growing. They are still little, but they aren't so little anymore. Eerika vacuumed her room, by herself, after playing with styrofoam.  

Pictures to prove that I strive to have Eerika's hair done every once a while, but the reality is that we do our hair about every other day. It is a fight to get it done, but then she is usually pretty proud of her "pretty hair".



Here is pictures to prove Saku's culinary skills the other day. 



My growing belly. This picture was taken in the afternoon as I was 19 weeks along. The little one moves all the time now. It is such a blessing to feel it. 


The anxiety of this morning has left me as I listen to Eerika's breathing. Sometimes i just need to lay here for a bit, look at my wonderful life and take a deep breath.  I am blessed.

No comments: