Monday, February 2, 2015

The truth comes out or some version of the truth

During our dinner conversation

äiti:"You are ok if I go out with the girls on the 12th?"
Isi:"Yeah that should be fine"
Eerika: "I am not fine with it. You will be mad with three kids"
isi: "Am I usually mad with three kids?"
Eerika: "No but aiti is."
Isi: "She wasn't mad today, was she?"
Eerika: "No she is mad at bed time"
Isi: "Every night?"
Saku: "No just when you are gone."

I guess that illustares that bedtime without Troy can be a bit stressful. Depending on Aleksi's bedtime timing and if he actually stays asleep after he falls asleep, he sometimes wakes up after 45 minutes and has a hard time settling down. I don't know if his body thinks it is just a nap rather than nighttime sleep. So if I am by myself and in the middle of story/song/prayers and he starts crying, my stress level does spike up. 

I guess I thrive on schedules more than I like it admit and again, I had forgotten how unpredictable babies can be. One night he goes to bed at 7 am and sleeps until 11 pm, another night he goes to bed at 6:30 and is up by 7:15 followed by "the song and dance" for the next hour. No rhyme or reason.  

I did ask Eerika when I get mad at her and she said "when I get out of bed". And yes that can be frustrating when it happens multiple times. She is in the stage of "can't get through the day happy without a nap, but with a nap, she could stay up until 9 am which isn't ok for us". Tricky business. 

Today really was a happy and good day and really most days are good. Just sleep deprivation and a small hiccups  sometimes push my buttons a bit. I need to let go off the things that I can't control and learn to control myself and my emotions.

Happy happenings in the house:

Playing at the school playground after school. I enjoy chatting with Laci.
Aleksi learning to blow bubbles.
Eerika reciting the first article of faith in Primary in a loud and clear voice.
Saku has become a fluent reader. He gets 10/10 on his spelling tests.
Troy and I discovered that we like Indian Food. Thanks Camille and Birch. 

Family story time after Eerika's party on Saturday. 

No comments: