Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Weekly updates

Right now all of our upstairs bedrooms are taken. Saku and Eerika don't share a room anymore and they love having their own space. Aleksi obviously has his own room as he likes to have frequent visits from Troy and I at night and we wouldn't want to disrupt the older kids' sleep. The kids shared a room for a long time because it worked but I think they both needed their own space and clear boundaries when they bug each other. Or should I say when Eerika bugs Saku or when Saku gets a bit bossy and Eerika doesn't receive the bossing around well. 

Eerika likes to clean. We happily cleaned/organized for an hour today and it really was her idea of fun. 

Saku can read Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What do you see in Chinese. Super cool. We also heard him speak Chinese to Ms Hu during parent teacher conference and he can tell time in Chinese. So cool. 

Today her read a chapter book on our way home from school so he could have his reading done. And he didn't complain a bit. I think he is finally enjoying the independent reading because he now knows that he can read. There are many one or two words each time that he can't sound out, but I would say that the kid is a completely fluent reader and he reads at a good pace. 

Saku was introduced to Settlers and Ticket to Ride. 

Eerika knows her numbers well enough to play war. I think she knows all her ABCs as well. 

Aleksi continues to be the happiest baby during the day. And we are averaging about 5-7 wake ups during his 12 hour night time sleep. He loves to get your attention so he might fuss a bit and then you look at him and smile and he is all charm and giggles. 

For the record, Troy continues to be awesome about night time wakings. 

Erika is finally phasing out naps. I think our whole family benefits from early bed times right now, so I didn't want her to be up until 9 pm after taking a nap. Two days into it, she is doing well. She is an adaptable girl. 

No comments: