Thursday, September 21, 2017

Life Goes on Full Speed

Somehow we are in the end of September and I have hardly written down anything about our life again. 

Eerika is more willing to let me do her hair. I bribe her with a TV show while I do her hair. She still cries and moans and she definetily has a sensitive head, or she thinks so at least but we have gotten some cute hair dos, thanks to you tube. 

These are 6 month pjs that Miio fills up. I dont think there is any way he can fit into them by December so I put them on him in September.


Miio thinks hands are delicious. He sucks on his fingers. He gnaws on his fist and loves to gnaw on my knuckles as well. He is so droolly already. 


Aleksi doesn't nap anymore. He will be in quiet time and stay there, but he doesn't nap anymore. I know I was completely spoiled with Eerika's napping until she was five! Aleksi is pretty happy overall even without the nap and I try to put him to bed around 7 pm, before the big kids, so he seems to be getting enough sleep. 

Saku has done excellent job with the Spanish Immersion. He made a new friend, Norah, who lives a street away from us. He is doing choir, X-country, piano and soccer. It is way too much but luckily piano and choir are the only activities that will last all year along. X country is done in three weeks and soccer by the end of October. 

Being surrounded by Spanish all day long made it difficult for Saku to concentrate at first and he would start reading instead of doing the class activities. You can't really fault him for that and if his "crime" is reading extra, it isn't too bad but we still had a talk about how he needs to try to understand and tell the teacher when he doens't understand.  When he reads in Spanish, he sounds phenomenal. 
He started with a new piano teacher Sister Trent. 

X-country practice meet was a good practice to try to learn that you don't walk when you are racing. We will see how the rest of the meets go. 


Eerika loves Spanish Immersino. She has her three best friends in the class with her; Ivy, Sophie and Maelle. Also Luke, the boy Eerika fell in love with two years ago, is there too plus a handful of kids that she knows from last year.  She loves biking to school. She had school lunch for the first time last week and she thought it was the best thing ever. 


Aleksi is liking being the big kid at home. He still loves Miio so much and asks to hold him. He likes to smother him when Miio is in the swing or in the bouncer. He also loves to give loves to Kenzie who is his friend Jaxon's little sister. He likes to go to Villa kids and proudly says how he is a big boy now and doens't cry there. "I'm happy here" he tells me. He loves to talk about butts and poop.  He loves to bike on his scuut bike everywhere.  He loves to inform you what he will do the next day "I will wake up and come to your bed. Then I will have breakfast-mini wheats". He probably gets his way more often that not, but I don't think he is too spoiled. 


Before Troy left for Japan, I drove up to Denver with the two younger boys and went to the temple and lunch at Cheesecake Factory. We hadn't eaten there for two years so I had forgotten how big those portions are. In the end Aleksi had had enough of the place and Miio woke up early so I left in a hurry but it was a good day up there. We also shopped at Ikea for some fun things for our kitchen. I am trying to make it look more "Farm Style" and the fake plants that I bought make me happy every day.

Miio does such a great job napping on the go. He falls asleep easily and sleeps well most of the time. It is such a blessing that I don't have to stress about it much.

Eerika started her first official soccer season and she is doing wonderfully. She is hard working and aggressive and scored a goal! Her coach is pretty intense but it works for her. I love to see her do something well as Saku's talents are sometimes more easily observed. 

I have started experimenting on braids in my own hair. For years, I have given the excuse that I don't know how to do hair and I am ready to learn and not have that excuse anymore. 

One Saturday morning I decided that we needed donuts. So Troy got a dozen and I think I ate at least three!

Aleksi mostly likes to lick off the frosting and leave the rest of the donut for someone else or the trash. 

Sometimes you just have to try on costumes to see how cute you are in them.

No comments: