Thursday, September 28, 2017

Miio at 4 months

Honestly I was a bit worried about Miio reaching four months as each of my babies have hit a rough patch with sleep and Troy was going to be gone. 

Sure enough, Miio had the worst sleep for the first two weeks Troy was gone. I did transition him into the crib and maybe that changed things but there were nights when I was up almost every hour and cried at 2 am as I was worried how I would get through the next day.

Ironically, he also learned to fall asleep on his own. One day I just laid him down when he was making noise but not crying and fell asleep on his own. So now he falls asleep on his own regularly which has made my life so much easier. I can't figure out why he has a hard time staying asleep and sleeping well at night when he naps so well. 

I did finally start unswaddling him. I am not sure if it has made difference for good or for bad. 

He has started taking three naps and I try to space his feedings four hours apart. Scheduling is tricky with our evenings being very busy but he really does go along really well. 

He found his toes and started getting interested in toys. Missie gave us bunch of toys as I had somehow gotten rid of our old ones. 

Aleksi loves him. So much. He loves to lay on him and smother him and poke his nose. 

Last 2.5 weeks have been exhausting but Miio is truly a sweet ray of sunshine. Troy makes comments how content he is as we face time. It is crazy how much Miio has changed in the last few weeks. 

He poops every morning and has a blow out pretty much every morning. I even put him on size three diaper but somehow we are always leaking poop. He does well at Villa Kids which is nice. 

He loves to gnaw on things. He takes the tutti and it helps out a lot when he gets more tired. 


Miio seems to get this look on his face when I put the camera in front of him. Now he also tries to eat it.



Camping baby



Sometimes I leave his arms unswaddled but I am not committed to anything yet since our sleep has been so up and down at night. I actually woke him up from his nap so I could go to a gym class, but he had been sleeping for 2 + hours so I felt like it was okay.



It is so fun to see him grab things. He cant really hold on to things well yet but toys do entertain him for a while which is nice. 



Aleksi loves loves loves Miio. It is fun to have these two brothers at home together while Saku and Eerika are at school. Few people have made a comment on how Miio looks more like Troy than the other kids. 


As I look at these pictures of Miio, I feel so humbled and blessed to have him in our home. Yes I am way beyond exhausted right now and at 7 pm, I am so ready to be done being a parent but those eyes looking at me and the sweet smiles remind me what a blessing it is to be aiti. 









No comments: