Our Saturdays are spent on the soccer fields now. Since this is our first season of having two kids playing, it is busy. Luckily Aleksi is a good sport and so far, Miio has been able to nap during practices and games.
Saku had a little bit of a rough start. He had a really hard time concentrating and he seemed intimidated on the field. It was frustrating to watch him not play up to his potential. However, last weekend at his third game, I finally started playing the way he played last season. Of course we want our kids to do things well, but we really do try to focus on them working hard and trying their best.
Eerika has done really well. She works very hard on the field. She doesn't have that many skills yet but she runs after the ball and gives nice big kicks. She even took down another girl as she was using her body as a shield to protect the ball. She did feel upset when she played against her friend's team as she felt that it wasn't nice to try to beat them. She has complained few times, outside of practice and usually at night, how hard it is to keep running during the game.
Saku had his second X country race. It was the first official race. And he did so well. I was worried that he would use all his energy before the race being super goofy with his friends. It is hard to not nag sometimes and try to control the kids. I told him that he needed to run and not walk during the race. When he came to the final stretch, I could tell that he was tired but he kept going! I was so proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment