Our little baby is two months and two days old. There is no question whether Saku is growing or not:) We measured him a week ago and he was 23.5 inches, but we will get the official stats in a week or so.
Saku at two months
-still loves to eat, but only eats for 10-15 minutes compared to the 45 minute feedings
-spits up quite a bit, but it doesn't seem to bother him
-still a snorty baby
-sleeps on average for 6 hours in a row and has finally learned to take better naps
-prefers sleeping in our arms
-likes tummy time, but gets frustrated as he can't move forward yet
-found his hands again and loves to chew them
-likes to go on walks and runs with mom in his stroller
-smiles often and makes happy sounds
-still gets really mad when you put him down when he is sleepy
-has great head control and likes to stand and look around
-gets bored easily
-loves silly sounds
-loves it when mom sings to him
-fits into size 2 diapers
-eyes are still blue
-hair color still looks brown
By the way, this momma is terrified about taking Saku for his two month shots in a week and a half. He will be so mad and upset that I let someone hurt him. I can already picture the look on his face and the pitch of his cry. I think I will need some extra prayers that day:) I always wondered why moms made such a big deal about their kids getting their shots. And now I know. It's amazing how your attitude or opinions change as you "walk in someone else's shoes". Or I guess those "mommy shoes" are now mine, too:)
We are off to Utah and we are driving. Saku mastered the airplane on our last trip. I don't think we will that lucky this time and I am not looking forward to the effects of this trip on his schedule. But we can't wait for Saku to meet uncle Mio and help Mio to get ready for his first year at BYU.
5 comments:
I just suggest to dose him up on some children's tylenol before you go and give it to him 4 hours later and keep it up until he actually falls asleep that night...I didn't for Lowe for his two month shots and it was awful!!! But we made it through his 4 month shots much better due to the Tylenol giving ;) And we should totally get together for a play date sometime...
It's funny how the last two weeks of pregnancy seem like FOREVER and then the two months after the baby is born just fly by! It's great you're writing about all the changes along the way. It will be so fun to go back and read later.
I'm not going to lie, the two month shots were a BEAST! They were Kyler's worst day of his life so far. He was pretty brave about the shots themselves, but then the rest of the day he wouldn't eat like normal, couldn't sleep very well, and would wake up screaming louder than he ever did before! I've never given him any medicine, but maybe I'll try Becky's trick next time around because I'm honestly scared about doing that again. And I would suggest bringing Troy because if I went alone I think I would have cried!
Time is so annoying isn't it? It goes too fast when you need it to slow down and it drags on when you want it to hurry! I still can't believe Jack is over two and have you seen Violet? I have people asking me if she is 6 months old! Ah!
Your little boy is such a doll. I love that his personality is already showing and that you can see it and get to enjoy it. So cute.
Honestly, I don't think the shots are that big of a deal. The needles are tiny, and by the time they figure out that they got "stung" the sting is gone. I'd agree with the Tylenol thing, though, in case it makes him sore afterwards. But Olivia didn't seem to have any kind of reactions to hers, and it only lasted two minutes. Say a prayer before you go, give him Tylenol, and think of all the diseases you WON'T have to nurse him through!
Post a Comment