We are spending the last night at Kyle and Jen's house before flying back to Phoenix tomorrow. Right now I am listening to Saku's breathing and there is a chance that he is putting himself to sleep. I started to hold him and pat his back and he kind of arched away from me so I put him in the crib and for the last twenty minutes, he has not cried once. Obviously this could change any second but I am crossing my fingers. He is growing so fast. He is smiling at me all the time. Sometimes it takes a little bit of talking to get him smiling and sometimes he just smiles spontaneously. Last night was really rough as he seemed to wake up every hour and since we were sleeping in the same room, I woke up each time. I was exhausted this morning and Troy took him to the other room around eight o'clock. When I woke up half an hour later, I went to look at him and he was just giving me the biggest smile and somehow the lack of sleep seemed so worth it:)
By the time I am ready to finish this post, Saku is asleep. He fell asleep on his own. Ironically enough, I am slightly sad that he is becoming such a "big" boy and learning to do things without my help...weird I know!
4 comments:
I miss that little face already...
He is a CUTIE! I can see both of you in him already.
He looks sooo different in this picture. Like he grew up in just a week. Still a cutie!
Well I'm glad you survived. I've been wondering how it's been going for you guys. So was it not that bad or have you vowed (like me) to never again take your newborn baby on vacation overnight somewhere. Our trips to Pheonix throw this little girl off her schedule.
It sounds like maybe it actually helped him. He was probably sooo exhausted after all the fun you guys were having!
Glad your back!
He is a total stud. I totally understand the not wanting him to grow up thing. I get excited when Olivia learns something new, but it also breaks my heart that she's not my teeny tiny newborn anymore... not that she was really that tiny, but comparatively speaking, she's an elephant now!
I'm so glad we got to see you guys and meet your adorable baby! Charles keeps saying how handsome Saku is.
Post a Comment