Saturday, March 2, 2013

And down she goes

Our quick walk to the mail box ended up with blood, "Saku run little faster",  "I am running fast", sweet little girl crying and very much worried äiti. 

We walked to the mailbox in our single jogger. Both kids were sitting on it while I pushed. When Saku got up to open the mail box and while I was bending over to get the mail, Eerika decided to stand up and lean over the side where I push the stroller. Yeah, the stroller fell down so fast and she went down with it. I could hear the terrible smack when her little face hit the ground. 

I am sure we were quite the sight as I was pushing the stroller, carrying a child and some mail while Saku is running behind us with rest of the mail. 

The nose bleed didn't last long, which was nice and made everything little easier. However, she just wanted to cuddle and asked to go to sleep. Of course, that is the worst thing after she had just hit her head. She would be just fine until I tried to have her open her eyes so I could check her pupils and make sure that she was acting normal. I could tell her forehead and nose were bruising up as well.

I called about 10 different families in our neighborhood to try to get someone's husband give her a blessing since Troy is away. No luck. Everyone was out and about. I did a small freak out moment as she seemed sleepy and I wasn't sure what I should do. I was debating whether to take her to the urgent care or not. I made a call to our personal nurse Starla, pediatric ED nurse, who confirmed my conclusion that urgent care wouldnt do much for her at this point since she wasn't showing any symptoms except the bumps and bruising. 




Sweet girl finally took a nap around 2 pm and I woke her up promptly at 4 pm to check on her. She complained of her nose but other than that she was fine.

She was acting like her crazy self by dinner time, so I am feeling calm about her status now. I think I will wake her up few times tonight to make sure she is okay. Saku said two beautiful prayers for her well being and was so well behaved and understanding of all the extra attention that Eerika required today. When I asked if we should take her to the doctor, he said "No way". Not a fan of doctors:)

Tonight I am ever so grateful for these two kids. I am grateful for my little boy's faith to pray for his sister. I am grateful for my faith that I know that Heavenly Father hears Saku's prayers and answers them. I am grateful that miss Eerika is okay and sassy enough to ask for extra food when it is bed time. And you know that I totally gave in and we had a little cereal snack at 8 pm. I am grateful for technology that allows me to Facetime with Starla so she can reassure me. And of course, I am grateful for Troy's ability to stay connected with us while he is so far away. The man is working way too many hours and staying so positive about it. I am grateful for him. in. so. many. ways. 

1 comment:

Burklund Blogger said...

Those times are the worst! Glad she is okay. Poor girl, poor mama, brave Saku :)