Thursday, February 28, 2013

Making Ordinary Little Magical

When I asked the kids if they want to go for a walk, the both politely declined. When I asked them if they wanted to go for a balloon walk, they excitedly cheered "yes".

It is so easy to create little magic in your kids' lives.  And it is easy to teach lessons. We popped two balloons, we shed few tears and went back inside to get new ones. We learned that sometimes things break and it is not the end of the world. Especially if replacement is right around the corner:)

You can you bet your money that Eerika kept saying "my balloon" over and over again.  She also got slightly hysterical when it tried to fly away from her. 


I never get tired of her "cheese" faces. They are just so cute. 

I think this was more of a "scary" face, but he is still pretty cute.
I truly feel a divine intervention in my life right now. I have more patience and energy to make life fun for these kids. They miss isi terribly, but we are doing well. Not only am I able to do fun things with them, I am enjoying them. Sometimes you do things for your kids because you feel like you "have to", but lately, I have just wanted to do special, but simple, things that bright little more energy and sunshine into our days.

I am grateful for these children and the fact that a simple walk to the mail box can become an adventure when I tie a string to a balloon and the kids can watch their balloons fly in the wind. 

No comments: