After a month of fun activities, I feel like it is time to shift gears. In November I want to focus on the things that I am blessed with, the things I have learned and people that I am grateful for.
This week has been a busy one. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I had to attend a computer training for a new system that my hospital will be using as of today. It was only four hours each day, BUT the training was almost an hour away and it meant that someone had to watch Saku and Eerika.
I have a hard time leaving my kids with other people. Maybe it stems from the fact that they used to be really upset when I left them. Maybe I feel guilty because I am working rather than being with them. Who knows. Troy wishes it wasn't so.
I asked Brittny to watch them for one day and my plan was to find someone else for each day. That way it wasn't too much on anyone. I don't think my kids are difficult to watch, but it can take up a lot of energy to watch someone else's kids. However, she offered to watch them all three days.
On Monday I dropped them off. And they loved it. In fact each day when Troy or I would pick them up, they were sad! It was unheard of. They had so much fun playing with Avery and doing whatever Brittny had them do.
While I do love the loud, happy "äiti" cheering that I usually get, it was such a blessing to know that my kids were so happy while I was gone.
Today I am grateful for the community that we have here in Corona. People are so willing to serve each other. I am surrounded by people who are great example of unselfishness and charity. This is something I struggle with so I hope to be able to learn to be more giving of my time and energy to other people.
No comments:
Post a Comment