Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day Five of Little Ninja and Äiti of Three Update

Little Ninja is on a strict schedule for feeding. It is only really strict because that is how I operate once I am given a set of rules, but after his four day check up the doctor was worried about his weight  (down to 7 lbs and 10 oz from his birth weight of 8 lbs and 5 oz) and said that he can't go on more than 2 hours during the day and 3 hours at night between feedings. 

So I have been vigilant about it. Ironically, he is a sleepy baby. It can be hard, like really hard to, wake him up. Troy and I are so surprised and in awe of a baby who actually sleeps a lot. We didn't experience that with Saku or Eerka. Also I have felt that he has been an excellent eater and I have plenty of milk, so the weight issue surprised me.

Little Ninja is a great sport when it comes to his siblings holding him. He even tolerates the car seat by falling asleep in it. I keep telling Troy that it is too early to say anything, but he seems like much more calm baby than our other two. I dislike to label babies, and I am not saying it in a bad or good way because I still end up holding, by my own choice, most of the time. I feel like I would neglect him if I just put him in the bouncer...though I know that time will come too. 

My update is that my belly is shrinking. Not because anything I am doing but because my uterus isn't huge anymore. It is nice. I decided to be very relaxed about my body for the first weeks, and I noticed how exhausted my body got after just hour and a half of walking around Saku's school last night for the Fall Festival. 

I got about six hours of cumulative sleep last night and I feel amazing. It is so crazy how quickly your perspective changes, last week I would have been dying with just six hours and now I feel like I can conquer the world.

Little Ninja adjusting to the life at home. 







No comments: