Thursday, October 23, 2014

First Full Day of Three Kids

Sleep is precious. Hence this will be very short. 

Highlights of our first full day as a family of five together.

Eerika's first question of the morning was "Can I hold Little Ninja".

Saku's last request of the day was to hold Little Ninja so he held his brother while I told them a bed time story. Troy was closely watching, but Saku did a great job holding him close and Little Ninja was so content. Actually, Saku's last request was "can I hold him in the middle of the night".

Little Ninja is a great eater. Today he slept a bunch and barely cried. Tomorrow he might cry a bunch. You just never know.

Barb was here so she picked up Saku from school and took the kids to their swimming lessons and I stayed home with Little Ninja for three hours by myself. I held him the whole time and caught those first "sleepy smiles" and rolling eyes as newborns are falling asleep.

Our deal for tonight is that I sleep until midnight and then Troy gets to sleep until 5 am and I get one more hour before 6 am. We did it last night and it worked. I think I slept about 4-5 hours. But I can't really be sure. Little Ninja liked being held a lot.

Troy is enjoying the calm nature of Little Ninja. I think it has helped him a bit with the anxiety of having three kids. 

Both of the kids have been amazing with this transition so far. I feel so much love and peace in our home.  This little boy is such a gift and watching Saku and Eerika with him just reinforces how special they are as well. 

No comments: