This is the realization that I came to yesterday. I don't really mind if Little Ninja doesn't come until his due date or even after his due date IF I could just stay home and mind my own business. However, because of school pick up, swimming lessons and the necessary errands that I need to take care of each week, I am bombarded by questions and comments about my pregnant body.
"Sweetie, when are you due?" "Oh two weeks or so" "Oh I was going to say that you look ready". Random lady at school. Old people and pregnant people get the "sweetie" nickname from strangers.
"You look like you are having that baby today" a man in his fifties informed me while I was buying some nursing bras at Target.
"You have tripled in size" Saku's class mate's mom referring to my size after 3 week break.
First of all, I would like to point out to her that I would be about 120 inches around if I had tripled in size in the last three weeks. That would be a waist to comment about...though it still would not be appropriate in any way.
Since I "only" have about two weeks to go, I am less bothered by people's comments about my size. It really bothered me at 33 weeks but now I just let it be. I almost want to tell people that the baby isn't due until Christmas or something crazy to really give them something to be shocked about.
Little Ninja continues to be active. My belly is very full of baby. Troy painted my toe nails last week. Yesterday I walked 45 minutes on the treadmill and I thought I wouldn't be able to walk today so my body is definitely feeling the weight of the belly.
Of course, there are those who know to say the kind things as well "you look perfect with just a ball as a belly" as Saku's other classmate's mom told me and Troy told me that my belly looks fake because it is so much like a basketball stuffed under my shirt.
Now it is the waiting game. Realistically, life is easier while Little Ninja stays in the belly. I can still get my 8 hours of sleep, I can focus on Saku and Eerika and have energy to be a nice and accommodating wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment