Little Ninja has been in our family for a week now. It feels weird to look at November's calendar and see the 3rd marked as a due date while it seems like he has been with us for so long.
Little Ninja is definitely the sleepiest of our babies. Saku was never a sleepy baby and Eerika slept much more but nothing like Little Ninja. There were times when I really had to work to get him to wake up to eat.
After diligently nursing him on the scheduled that the doctor gave us, he gained 9 ounces over the weekend. The doctor must be very cautious as he wanted one more weight check on Thursday. While I find a bit annoying, I also like the fact that he is cautious and looks after his patients.
Little Ninja goes through a ton of diapers. I was worried that I had too many newborn size ones stocked up, but he has generously taken that worry away as he needs a diaper change about every two hours. So we go through about 10 diapers a day.
He wears newborn clothing as he is a short little guy.
He can get upset with diaper changes but he is easily soothed.
He takes a pacifier unless you try to give it to him when he is hungry.
He naps everywhere; the swing, the bouncer, the car seat, the bassinet and the crib, but he still likes to sleep in your arms the best.
He nurses like a champion, but it takes a bit to get latched on when there is a plenty of milk supply. This can be very frustrating for him, but fortunately, we have been able to figure it out.
He gets up twice or three times a night. It has really been an "easy" first week and I am waiting for our bubble to burst. Last night was a bit harder as Eerika came to wake us up around 4 am, so I am feeling a bit more run down this morning, but I am just so grateful for the past good week.
Little Ninja slept through his first sacrament meeting and we survived our first public breastfeeding.
We haven't had to cook at all. Barb was here with us for three days and obviously took such a good care of us. Then Rachael brought us delicious chicken noodle soup and Corrye brought meals to cover Saturday and Sunday. Now Barb is back with us until Friday. As I have said before, I love the community and the supportive friends that we have.
![]() |
| Hanging out in the bouncer when I was able to put him down. I really just want to hold him all the time. |
![]() |
| Look at those lips! |
![]() |
| Swaddled in Isi's master swaddle |
![]() |
| Pretty perfectly round head I would say. |
![]() |
| Chilling on the my belly |





1 comment:
you are such a good mom. i dont think i would try so hard to wake my sleeping baby! hah! What a good little guy.
Post a Comment