Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Want to Run 202.1 Miles-And I Need Your Help!!

Yes, I am 100% serious when I say that I want to run from Prescott to Mesa. It is the Ragnar Relay-Del Sol. And I need 11 runners to help me with this! I love running because you compete against yourself, but sometimes it can get lonely. So here is the chance to run, improve your time and have fun with other runners and feel the team spirit.

So if you do not know what the Ragnar Relay is, I will tell you and you will come and run it with me, right? It will be on February 26-27th, 2010. We will run from Prescott to Mesa, which comes out to 202 miles. Each runner will run three times over the 24 hour period. Each leg is between 3-8 miles. We will have two vans to provide support to us via snacks, water and a place to rest your legs. We will be running in the middle of night and when the sun is setting and rising. Doesn't it sound amazing?

It is a co-ed team; so boys and girls are welcome to join. I am trying to convince my dad to come and run it with me, but I still need 10 more runners. It doesn't matter whether you run a six minute mile or an 11 minute mile. And we will have six months to train, so there is no excuse to not do this:)

Check out the links for more information and come and have fun with me. I really believe that it would be a once in a lifetime experience. You can email me at eevi. grossarth at gmail.com if you rather contact me about this via email than a comment post.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

oo that sounds fun. Is that too soon for me to be running after I give birth? I dont think so.. that is like 3 months... wouldnt give me a lot of time to train though. but man that sounds like fun... well maybe fun isnt the right word, but SATSIFYING! SELF FULFILLING. haha.

Becky and Tyler said...

i'd love to run with you!!!

Camille said...

I'll do it! I also have a friend who might be interested if you need more team members.

Kelly said...

Hi! I am Camille's friend. I would love to do it with you if you need more runners! My sister in law and another friend of mine (and her husband) are on another team from Mesa. I think the run sounds so fun! I am not a very good runner and have only done one race ever. Let me know if you need someone to fill a spot!

kellyabentley@gmail.com

Dani said...

I seriously want to do it! Save a spot for me!

Ilkka said...

Hey, I am definitely IN. Save me a spot.

Daddio

Becky and Tyler said...

heather and her boyfriend might be interested too...they were training for a marathon but didn't end up doing it so they might want to actually run in something ;)

Chris, Jessica, Mackenzie, & Alison said...

Sorry I won't be joining you...but I'm really excited for you. I did a race like that, The Sawtooth Realy in Idaho. It was 121 miles through the Idaho mountains and we had an all girls team. It was so much fun. I loved being able to run in the middle of the night, it was so peaceful, and having everyone cheering you on. Good luck with it all! You'll do great!

Eevi said...

Jessica, I would love to read your private blog. So if you want to add me on your list, it's eevi.grossarth at gmail.com.