Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2 Year Check Up

Eerika had her two year check up yesterday. Each previous check up, she had hated every minute of it with the nurse AND the doctor. She is just slow to warm up to strangers and obviously a doctor's appointment doesn't really allow much time or a good setting to show off her charming personality.

This time Saku was at Joy School so we were having a "girl day" as I call our Tuesdays and Thursdays together. 

When we got called in and Eerika had to be measure, she was so cooperative. She "stretched" so the nurse could see how tall she is. She smiled when her head was measured with a "crown".

We waited for an hour to see Dr. Hickey. Eerika was so good and patient. I wasn't so much. I find it so ridiculous to wait for an hour when I have set up an appointment.

When Dr. Hickey came in. Eerika happily greeted him and didn't fight or complain when he examined her.


She even sat so nicely on my lap BEFORE the shots and then cried "you have betrayed me" cry when she got poked twice.  Fortunately some peanut butter m&ms helped to console her a bit, but she still today points to her ams and says "owie" and shakes her finger "no no no". 

She is a tall girl at almost 35 inches (93rd %) and weights 25 pounds (29th %)

No comments: