Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"I don't think you can run outside this morning, it's snowing"

A week before my marathon, I was scheduled to run an easy pace 10 miler. Troy woke up few minutes before me and came back to bed to inform me that I wouldn't be doing much running outside since it was snowing. It kept snowing for two hours and it looked beautiful.

Eerika still wasn't a fan of the snow. But Saku had a blast. While I was running on the treadmill, I could see him playing in the snow and it made me smile. When I stopped briefly to switch shows after 5 miles  and take a drink of water, I knocked on the window and caught a glimpse of pure joy as he looked at me through the snow fall. 

We love our house and we love how it looks when it is covered with beautiful white stuff.

We just couldn't believe how much snow there was. 

The kid was beyond happy to wake up to a snowy morning. How often does that happen to an Arizona kid?

This man was in heaven. He attempted to make snow balls. He tried sledding on our little, very small hill and he just enjoyed the snow falling down around him.

Don't let this happy face fool you. She cried most of the time that she was outside in the snow. 

We love our mountain view. Yes there are other houses that obstruct the view, but we feel very blessed to live where we are. 

No comments: