Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pancakes and Pajamas

I feel like I have way too many posts about Eerika turning two, but I just feel like I have a lot to say about it. Clearly I am quite fond of her. 

Today was her first birthday party since she didn't get one last year. She probably would have been just fine without a party, but I wanted to something fun for her. I saw the idea for "pancakes and pajamas" on pinterest and made it fit my way of doing things.

The guest list included the following friends:

Elena (out of town)
Bee (decided not to come since our kids had snotty noses
Carter
Jacob
Brad
Ella & Julia. 

With moms and siblings included, we had 12 party guests and I think it worked out perfectly. There was barely any fighting or crying, which is pretty good with bunch of kids 4 and under.  The kids were asked to wear their pjs and Nicole and Rachael were awesome and showed up in theirs. 

The plan for the party was simple. Eat pancakes, play, eat cake, open presents and play.  And I think the kids executed this plan very well.  The moms were very efficient with their chatting as well. 

Eerika got spoiled with fun presents. I believe Saku was even more excited about her presents and while we really treat all the toys as everyone's toys no matter who received them, I had to remind him that Eerika would get a priority with them today.

I stay away from big project because they intimidate me. So while I wanted to make Eerika's party awesome, I also wanted to keep it simple. The party preparations included making 8 tissue paper flowers, sewing table cloths, making three different pancakes and home made syrup and fudge brownie ice cream cup cakes. I really was not too stressed and I think the outcome was simple, fun and elegant. 

The menu included buttermilk, raspberry sour cream and chocolate chip buttermilk pancakes topped with strawberries, bananas and homemade buttermilk syrup. 

I used tissue paper flowers and Eerika's pictures as the decorations.

Eerika was ecstatic, while the picture doesnt show it, to eat from her birthday paper plates.

Ella and James

Carter
Jacob digging into his fudge brownie ice cream cup cake.

Brad looking serious

Julia informed me that the ice cream was too cold as she was eating it. 
I am pretty sure that Eerika spent more time licking and nibbling on the candle than eating her actual cupcake. Once I realized this, I took the candle away.

Will is such a charmer.

Nicole, with Rachael's baby Samuel and Jaden

Rachael and Heather
 When I ask her about her birthday, she pretends to blow off the candle on her cake. So darling. 

No comments: