Because our kids have been so focused on giving to others, I wanted to make them feel appreciated.
So during nap time/quiet time, I baked some cookies. I should say delicious milk chocolate, white chocolate chip cookies. Somehow I ended up having about four spoonfuls of just the dough...and three cookies.
There was a note that thanked the kids for being such good elf helpers and surprising other people and today was the elf's turn to surprise them. Tonttu encouraged them to eat the cookies with milk or put ice cream in between.
Saku found his cookies as we played with legos and he asked if I had baked them. I better be more careful about my surprises. He ate two of his cookies and gave me one.
Eerika's reaction was priceless. She woke up from her nap and obviously saw the cookies. Then she ran to the top of the stairs and yelled something along the line "tonttu gave me cookies. come and see". She was so ecstatic. I ran upstairs to check on the cookies and it was so fun to see her so happy and excited. The girl loves cookies. She gave one of her cookies to Saku, who had eaten his cookies a while ago and she ate two.
Today as Eerika was about to go to sleep, she wondered if tonttu would bring her cookies again while she was sleeping.

No comments:
Post a Comment