When someone asks Eerika how old she is, she will answer without a hesitation "two and a half". She will have to change her answer soon as she will be three next month.
She has become this big girl. Troy keeps saying over and over how much she has grown and learned in the last month or so.
Eerika still naps. There have been days when she says she isn't tired and she has skipped a nap few times. However, she still naps on most days. Fortunately, when she does not nap, she still handles it pretty well.
She is very good about napping on command in the car. I can tell her "Eerika take a quick nap" as we drive to church at 1:30 and she will literally close her eyes and be asleep in 30 seconds. It never ceases to amaze me.
She loves nursery. On Sunday she came home singing "follow the prophet, follow the prophet, follow the prophet, dont go astray". She kept repeating it over and over again. It is the first time I have noticed her learning something outside the home and it was a cool feeling.
She loves to read. We read many many books each day. This morning she was reading a book in her bed by herself when Troy went to see her and she explained that she was reading in bed because it was still night time ( dark at 6:40 am).
She can recite the first article of faith. It blows my mind. I am so proud of her. And I don't put huge emphasis on my kids "learning tricks", but I do love our goal to memorize the articles of faith and the fact that miss Eerika can answer when we ask "what do we believe in?"
She has a hard time sitting at the table when we eat our meals. She is not in a high chair anymore and has the freedom to get down and back up and she does it a lot. It drives Troy crazy. I have more tolerance for it as I have three meals a day with her and I cannot get too worked up over it. I do agree that we need to work on it though.
She loves to ride her tricycle. She gets a bit frustrated by the fact that Saku is way faster on his bike, but she calms down after I explain that two wheel bikes are just faster and she needs to worry about her own race.
She still loves to bug Saku. It is not as bad as it seemed to be about a month ago. Mostly it stems from good intentions such as wanting to give Saku a hug or a kiss when Saku doesn't want one, so they both get frustrated.
On the other hand, she is great about being flexible with Saku. Saku often wants a certain cup and Eerika is willing to give up her cup to make Saku happy. It is almost maddening because he gets his way and isn't learning to be more flexible but her kindness is amazing.
On the other hand, she is great about being flexible with Saku. Saku often wants a certain cup and Eerika is willing to give up her cup to make Saku happy. It is almost maddening because he gets his way and isn't learning to be more flexible but her kindness is amazing.
She really likes her friends Ella and Julia and the girls all play so well together. She also talks about Amber a lot, but they still haven't quite figured out how they play well together. She also enjoys playing with Brad.
She loves movies. She wants to watch a movie each time we get in the car. We do not go with this. She also gets very sad when we pull into the garage and the car gets turned off and the movie stops. So we have started to warn her about it and inform her that she cannot cry when the movie stops. Interestingly enough, she doesn't really ask for movies at home very much.
She is a great supporter of Saku's soccer career. She cheers "go gators" at games and happily plays by the soccer fields.
She loves sweets. She would eat cookies all day.
She has been potty trained since June. She had been dry at night since September but she started having accidents about three weeks ago. I am not sure what that is about.
She is such a fun girl. Most of the time she has a great smile on her face. She is brave and strong and often tell me "I didn't cry" or "I didn't cry much" if she gets hurt. She loves to give kisses on the mouth and loves to give hugs. She is quite the affectionate girl which makes Troy and I very happy.
She is such a fun girl. Most of the time she has a great smile on her face. She is brave and strong and often tell me "I didn't cry" or "I didn't cry much" if she gets hurt. She loves to give kisses on the mouth and loves to give hugs. She is quite the affectionate girl which makes Troy and I very happy.
![]() |
| We went on a bike ride while Saku was in joy school. She loved riding over the puddles. |

No comments:
Post a Comment