This Thanksgiving was nice. It was relaxed. The kids enjoyed playing outside. I enjoyed eating. The kids were affectionate and cuddly with Grandma and Grandpa. Troy enjoyed being with his parents and have his mom take care of him (give him a hair cut, hem his scout pants, and talk to him about anything and everything that was bothering him). I am blessed with great in-laws.
Some of our highlights were:
-Saku asked Grandma to make a shirt for him. And she did. She is amazing with her sewing machine. Our kids are so blessed to have clothes made just for them with such love and care.
-the kids got to play with their cousins. Hayden and McKenna was several years older than our kids but they still play with Eerika and Saku and it is such a blessing. As always, I really enjoyed talking to Regina.
-Saku golfed for the first time. Isi, grandpa and Saku went to the driving range together. Saku wanted to see who could hit the balls the fastest. He might not be completely aware of the nature of the sport but I love that three generations of boys were together. Troy bought a club for a dollar and sawed it to be Saku's size.
-black Friday shopping is not worth it. Of course, we didn't get to the store until around noon but I will not even do that again. There wasn't much of a crowd but the good stuff was gone so I will be perfectly happy to miss out on the good deals so I can stay home and eat more pie!
| Saku found a sweet ride and was happy to play with it while I shopped. Troy was supervising the playing while Eerika hung out with Grandma. |
-running outside in the Arizona winter weather is awesome. It is even better when Troy comes with me. We ran/skyked for 3 miles. It was fun to chat and be together while getting in shape. The following day I went by myself and listened to my favorite podcast and I am just so grateful for running.
![]() |
| I had the luxury of going on a run while the kids were with grandma and grandpa. Eerika wanted to run with me so we posed as strong girls and then ran about 200 meters together. |
-Our kids are in a great age to many things. We enjoyed a fun outing to see the new Disney movie. It was even more fun that the main characters names were Anna and Elsa. There were few dark scenes but the kids didnt get too scared.
-I ate about a half apple pie. I love the crust on a good pie. Grandma made some whipping cream before we headed home on Saturday and Eerika and Saku enjoyed pumpkin bread with whipping cream. Why not?




No comments:
Post a Comment