Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 1st: Nativity

December is here. This means that each night tonttu (an elf) visit hour house and leaves a note for an activity in our Santa advent calendar. 

On December 1st, the kids were told to check behind the front door. There was a wrapped present for them to open. It was the little people nativity. However as they opened the box, there was only an empty stable. The kids got hints were to find the characters. We are still missing the shepards as they didn't come with the set. I guess their visit isn't significant enough for Fisher Price...

The kids do not receive a present each day. However, I wanted to start the month with excitement and focusing on the reason of Christmas. So as they played with the figures, I tried to explain how elfs and joulupukki  (Santa) are fun, but the real reason for Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus. 

Troy's mom made this advent calendar for us last year. It is so fun. 


Eerika chopped off some hair on her right side. When I do her hair, it isn't noticeable; however, this picture shows it more. 

Just trying to picture the cuteness of this child. Also in need of hair cut...


For once, I wanted a picture of  myself. 

Fun Christmas decor and the two wise men before they were found. 

This is the best picture of the kids. 

We continued to play with it after church. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are a 1000X more fun mom than me! one day...