Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The elf who makes you laugh

Amanda

Nursing school

I was fortunate to become friends with Amanda when I started nursing school at U of A. We would study together during the first semester and sit next to each other in our classes. However, our third semester made us best friends. We had a really tough work load and we would call each other sometimes five times a day to cheer each other up, complain, tell funny stories or just to say hi. Troy had to tell me to stop calling Amanda so much because we were going over our monthly minutes. Amanda and I got each other's back that semester and I am so so grateful for that.

Loud

When Amanda and I would study at the school library's study rooms, people came several times to request that we would tone it down. I have a tendency to speak little too loud and Amanda can even be louder than I am, so we made one seriously loud study group! We also both stubborn. I do not debate or argue with other people often. I only do it when I "know" I am 100% right. There were few times when Amanda and I would really get into some heated conversations, but the great part about true friendship is the fact that it will survive few bumps and bruises:)


A cheerleader

Amanda was one of the most enthusiastic friends about my pregnancy. She was one of the first people I told and each week, I got to share my excitement with her. Saku was even stubborn in the belly and wouldn't like to kick around when Amanda had her hand on my belly. She threw an amazing baby shower for Christina and I and spoiled us with presents. My pregnancy is only one of the things that Amanda has shown her support for me. She came to Saku's baby blessing,which meant a lot to me and I love seeing her during our monthly (should be much more often) visits. Now she is supportive of me as I try to find a job, with not much luck, and feel divided about my decisions. A supportive friend is a must in life and I am blessed with Amanda:)

Amanda, you are such an incredible friend. I hope you know that I think so highly of you. Your friendship brings so much happiness to me! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Dave and Amanda said...

You are an amazing friend! I have read your blogs this month everyday, and I am honored you blogged about me. Your friendship has meant so much to me over the past few yers and I can't wait to share more experiences with you...like my wedding, and having kids. Have a wonderful holiday and I can't wait till you get home, so that Megan and I may give you your quilt!