This year, I really wanted to have some Christmas magic in my own home. Each year, we are away from home for Christmas; therefore, we never have a Christmas tree. It doesn't seem worth it to get a tree when we will be gone for most of Christmas season. Troy refuses to do a fake tree, and I would love to have a real one as well. So I have added other decorations here and there to bring the Christmas spirit into our home. I have to admit that I am missing the most important thing, which is a reminder of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.

Troy has been experimenting with something called light painting where you take a picture and add light to it with a flashlight.
Sporting the big G proudly for our beautiful last name;) Also I made a Christmas tree with some ornaments and we put up some snow and lights. I love turning the lights on in the morning when it's still sort of dark outside.
I am all about candles when it comes to the Christmas season.
I made the ornamental wreath over Thanksgiving weekend. I think we used close to 90 ornaments. I know everyone and their mom is making these wreaths, so by no means is it an original creation of mine. However, it is beautiful and it makes me happy. Check the enlarged picture from more details.
This little table in our entry way is one of my favorite spots in the house right now. It looks so simple and it just makes me happy.
I saw these cluster balls on this fabulous blog, and I want to make sure she gets credit for her creation. Again, check out the enlarged picture because these small pictures don't really do justice. Actually, I would love for you to come over to my house and check them out. I'll serve some hot chocolate and we can chat as well:)
I would love to see other people's Christmas decorations since I don't get to visit everyone's homes.
4 comments:
I love the ornament wreath, I want to make one sometime. I wonder if we saw it in the same blog! Matt also told me about the ornament tree. He wants one of those!
I'll try to put up pictures of our decor over the weekend.
Beautiful! I love, love, love those reindeer. Your mom had great taste! Thanks for posting! And I'll try to do the same!
You did a lovely job on that wreath, it turned out really nice!
You know we love those reindeer :).
I'm glad you're reading Mikael's blog. She is a design genius.
Post a Comment