Monday, December 14, 2009

The Smoking Red Head Elves

Starla

24/7

Starla and I spent all of our free time and most of our studying time together during our freshman year of college. During our first semester of college, we took three of our five classes together, we ate together, studied together and spent our weekends together. The only time we weren't regularly spending time together was during my track practice. We even pushed our beds together and slept next to each other. We would get sick of each other every now and then for 5 minutes or so and then one of us would break the silence by "so what should we do" or "do you want to go and eat"?

Support

Starla has been a source of strength and support during the six years that I have known her. She was the second person I called after my mom's death. We endured through nursing school together, even though we didn't get a chance to do it together. She supported my decision to break up with a high school boyfriend and choose a man who could take me to the temple. She shared my wedding day with me. I know she would have come to help me with Saku if she hadn't just started her new job as an RN. What makes Starla truly special is that she does these kind of things for many of her friends. She has a way of knowing when a friend is in need and she goes out of her way to support her friends and love them.

Laughing

Starla laughs loving with you and AT you:) She doesn't laugh at you in a mean way, but if she sees you slipping on ice and falling on your butt, she will laugh. And it's OK because she knows how to laugh at herself as well. I'm sure there have been few times when I didn't appreciate her pretty laughter at my expense, but somehow I got over it:)

Starla, you will always be my first red head love. There are times when I wish we could go back to that small box that they call a dorm room and share our every day life together again. I love you!


Mollie

The most stylish science teacher

Mollie is a babe. And she is one smart babe. She teaches middle school, which is probably a good thing since she would make high school boys go crazy if she was teaching them. I would love to observe Mollie teaching. I can imagine Mollie being a great balance of fun and discipline. Her love for science will make such a difference in her students' lives. I would love to have Mollie teach my kids one day. Of course, depending on my children's behavior, I'm not sure if Mollie would love to have them in her class;)

Basketball

Mollie is a hardcore basketball fan and to be more specific, she is a Denver Nugget's fan. I bet tha itt is almost any man's dream to have a wife who loves watching a ball game. I keep up with Mollie's team's victories/losses via facebook status changes:) While I do not care too much about basketball, I love Mollie's enthusiasm for her team.

Wishing

Mollie is a friend that I wish I would have spent more time with while we lived close to each other. Since we have gone our separate ways, we have seen each other few times and it makes me wish that I would get to enjoy Mollie's company on more regular basis. Mollie is fun and she married a man who is also fun, which means that spending time with the Hunts guarantees you a good time.

Mollie, I hope the end of the school year won't be too crazy for you. You are one fabulous woman. I can't wait to come and check out your new house!

P.S I get to go and have a girls' weekend with these ladies in the end of January!! Wohoo!!

3 comments:

Starla said...

I couldn't have shared my blog post with a better chica.

That girls weekend CANNOT come soon enough!

Chelsea said...

I've been waiting for Starla to come up! Love those girls!

The Kelseys said...

I'm with Chelsea. I've been waiting and wondering when it would be Starla's turn. I love your elves idea. It is very thoughtful and definitely cute!