Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's About People

Christmas has always been an exciting time in our family. My parents were fabulous when it came to giving us just the right presents. We enjoy way too much delicious food, take time to reflect on the birth of Christ and spend time with our family. During Christmas time, everything slows down and we usually end up spending several days together inside the house. We eat leftovers of the Christmas meal and chocolates and don't really leave the house except to go on walks(when we had dogs) or enjoy the snow if there is any.

One of my favorite memories is the making of Christmas greetings to our friends. Many years, my mom would make something such as homemade candles, wreaths or baked goods and we would take these to our dear friends. I think one Christmas we ended up doing some caroling, which must have been slightly painful to our friends.

I would love to start this tradition in our home; however, I have procrastinated and many of my closest friends are far away. So each day of December will be a small Christmas greeting to my friends on my blog. I was supposed to start December 1st, but I was too busy with Christmas decorations so we are starting a day late. Maybe next year, I will record some Christmas caroling for you and post it here;)

No comments: