Ashley
Long time acquitances, new friends
Ashley and I lived in the same apartment complex during my sophomore year of college. We took the same religion class during my junior year and we would sit next to each other in class. So we definitely knew each other, but we didn't hang out. Ashley moved to Tucson this summer and we started hanging out. I am so glad that I got a chance to become her friend, not just buddies from college.
Bad Day
Few months ago, I had a really rough day. Saku wasn't sleeping well that day and he was really cranky. I hadn't seen many of my friends for a while and I was feeling rather lonely and wondered how my friendship were doing. Ashley came over for a play date and it was exactly what I needed that day. Saku still wouldn't sleep and cried quite a bit, but I got to talk to a friend and laugh and most importantly, I felt 100 times better.

John, Zach and Ashley
Fun!
Ashley is just pure fun. Whether it is a simple play date, dinner with our hubbies or a bigger party, Ashley helps you enjoy yourself. She tells funny stories, she listens to your stories and appreciates your opinions while always telling hers without any hesitation. Also it is so obvious how much she enjoys being a mom and a wife. Her two boys are lucky and blessed to have a mom and a wife who loves life and whose great attitude is infectious!
Ashley, I hope next year we will be able to actually get together for our play dates. Enjoy Indiana and spending time with your family. I hope you won't be leaving us anytime soon!
Kat
An email
Shortly after Kat moved to Tucson, we happened to pump into her and her hubby at In-N-Out. I was tired that day, so I wasn't very talkative. Kat thought that I seemed to be down, so she emailed me later on that day to see if I was doing OK and if she could do anything for me. I was so touched that she would think of me and worry about me, even though we barely knew each other. As we have gotten to each other more, I have learned that Kat is so willing to take care of her friends and cheer them up.

Fit
Kat and I share the love for working out. She teaches at Gold's gym and serves as an inspiration for her friends to take care of their body. I wish I could hire her as my personal trainer. What would be better than sweating off the fat and talking with your friend. Though, I think she would make me work so hard that I wouldn't be able to talk:) It is a good thing that Kat enjoys working out and is so disciplined about going to the gym, because her cooking and baking is delicious. I have never gone to her house without being offered a muffin, cinnamon roll or some other heavenly piece of food.
Friends
Kat has an amazing talent for making friends. She is so social and outgoing and people are drawn to her. She is also fabulous about organizing fun get-togethers. Whether it is a girls' night or a sewing group, everyone has a great time as we get to talk, talk and talk. Kat has a talent for making people feel comfortable around her and making lasting friendships no matter where she goes.
Kat, thanks for being my friend. I hope you will get to have some quality time with Michael and your beautiful children during this Christmas season.
2 comments:
Eevi, you just totally made my day! Thanks so much for doing this and including me! You are such an amazing friend and I'm so lucky to have you in my life! Are we finally going to have a playdate tomorrow? :)
Eevi are you serious? Of course you are! That was so sweet! I totally cried like a big fat baby. Thank you so much for the things you said. I had totally forgotten about that email and that whole story. I'm glad I was thoughtful for you that day because heaven knows I can get a little self involved. :) You are a sweet friend. Thank you, thank you.
Post a Comment