I wasn't really in the mood for family pictures this year. I didn't feel like coordinating outfits, finding clothes that I felt cute and finding a time to do it. However, when a girl in our ward was offering to take the kids pictures for free, I jumped on the chance to get good pictures of Saku and Eerika.
I was amazed how well the kids did. They would smile at her. They would pose for her. And they got rewarded with candy cane oreos. The pictures were taken after nap time, so Eerika's blow dried hair was a post-nap here, but we went with it and she looked great. I always tell her that she is just as beautiful in the morning straight out of bed as she is after we get all dressed up. The dressed up look does look little more classy though:) Saku also got a hair cut that morning after being bribed with Peter Pan movie so the kids were ready to show off their good looks.
I am blessed with two beautiful children.
When I struggle with the fact the our baby plans are not going according to "my plans", and I wonder why other women get pregnant, get to stay pregnant and have those babies, I look at these children and I am filled with wonder of having these children as my own. And I am grateful that they came into our family without troubles. And I am grateful for the challenges of having another baby because I truly can appreciate Saku and Eerika more. I think of the pregnancies and delivering them and I am so blessed. I do hope and pray that we will have another baby soon. But until then, these two will keep me busy and happy.








1 comment:
I feel the same way about family pictures this year too. I think we should get one taken but I'm not too motivated. The girl in your ward did a great job with Saku & Eerika! I loved reading your thoughts at the end about pregnancy. I am glad you have those amazing kids too.
Post a Comment