Christina
Genuine kindness
I can say with 100% confidence that any person, and I mean any person, who meets Christina will love her. Christina is always smiling and happy to talk to you. And it is so sincere. I always noticed myself to be more kind towards other people when I was around Christina. It is not that she never gets annoyed with other people, but she has this beautiful talent of keeping her mouth closed when she has nothing nice to say. Can you imagine what the world would be like if there were more people with that ability?
More than meets the eye
I feel like there are many layers of Christina. We spent a lot of time during the two and half years of nursing school and there were many times when she would surprise me with something she did or said. I would think "wow I didn't expect that of Christina" and the surprise was always a good one. There were times when we were supposed to be studying and we would get distracted and study for 15 minutes while chatting about something else for 45 minutes and I loved it!! We needed Phil to keep us from getting distracted:)

Natural Beauty
Christina does not get too involved with the latest trends when it comes to fashion. Christina has that classic beauty. She is fine with her T-shirt and jeans and looks so pretty. And then she dresses up little more and you just get amazed at her beauty. Phil is a lucky guy who gets to wake up next a girl who doesn't need any make up or hair products to look gorgeous.

Christina, James and Phil
High Standard
Christina (and Phil) sets a great example for having a high standard for yourself. I do not mean high maintenance. She seems to have so much self-control and no whining. When I do things that require a lot self-control,such as dieting, I keep reminding myself and other people about the difficulty of it. Christina gets up around 5 am each morning, she run until she was 8 months pregnant(or was it 9 months), she "survived" through college without an internet at her apartment and no TV, she fed the missionaries all the time while living a small budget and I could go on and on. I think Christina is one of the rare modern people who could go back to the pioneer days and do just fine!
Christina, I love going through nursing school together as well as our first pregnancies. I hope you know how much I appreciate your friendship and always look forward to our visits.
3 comments:
Yay Christina! I totally agree. You're making me miss all these Tucson people :).
I was always soooo impressed with Christina for many of the reasons you mentioned. What an incredible example she is to us all. There's no doubt in my mind that she's an incredible mom!
Those were pretty thoughtful things to say, Eevi. Thank you. It was truly touching. But I must admit, while I was reading it I was thinking, "If only she knew the REAL me!"
I'm enjoying these posts. What a cute idea!
Post a Comment