In the last few days, I feel as if Saku has just bloomed. It might be Heavenly Father's way of showing me that I need to stay home with this beautiful son of mine or it might be His way of blessing me with so many sweet moments that I might miss if I end up going to work. Either way, I seem to fall in love with him all day long.
We make lots of loud noises, Saku gets thrown in the air, we snuggle when Saku wakes up from his naps, we take all the toys out of the toy box about five times a day, we blow raspberries on the tummy during diaper changes, we kiss those chubby cheeks, we call daddy when he is at work and saku chews on the phone, we laugh and play games and I seriously tell him at least ten times a day how much I love him.
There is no one I'd rather spend my afternoon with than my smiley boy and his cute little friend.

Saku gets little shy around other kids. So he took a while to get used to Kaelyn who is such a social butterfly.

"I think I like her, or at least her bottle"

Already got his heart broken by a girl, Kaelyn decided to not share her bottle.

In the end, both babies were happy and SO SO adorable.

Saku is very impatient. I take credit for that characteristic. So when we eat, he holds one spoon and I feed him with one. We make a mess, but most of the food goes into the mouth and we have fun. I want Saku to have fun with me. I don't aspire to be the "cool mom", but I hope I can make my children's lives full of laughter and love.
I do not want to have one of those blogs that pretends that motherhood is a walk in the park and my child is always perfectly behaved and an angel. Sometimes he throws temper tantrums, he gets clingy and demanding, he gets stinky and makes me stinky, but he is mine and I can tell that he loves me. What more could a mother ask for?
2 comments:
Thanks for watching them the other day and I love the pics of the two of them. One day we'll have them in an album at their wedding =)
Sometimes it surprises me how much love I feel for my kids. It is pretty amazing having that feeling. I feel like the grinch when his heart grows out of his chest. It is funny that you call them raspberries I always thought they were called blowies.
Post a Comment