Lili
Passion
Lili lives her life with passion. She has a passion for politics and expresses her opinions very well, I wouldn't get into a debate with her. She has a passion for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and her life is a great example of the kind of life that He desires from us. She has a passion for motherhood and makes motherhood fun as she raises her little Lois. And I know she has a passion for her marriage, but we will leave it at that;) Lili also has a passion for beautiful things. She has a great eye for decorating as well as for fashion. How many of us can pull off a leopard print jacket, not me for sure, but Lili can!
Love of life
Lili is always so positive. I am not sure how she does it, but I admire it very much. She always greets you with a smile and seems to enjoy each day to the fullest. She has so much energy and her laugh is contagious. Her little girl is so much like this. What a blessing and a great example she is to her family and those around her about enjoying life and making most out of every opportunity that is given to her.

Grading papers
Lili was my TA while I majored in public relations at BYU. I still have not been able to find the papers and tests that she graded. Fortunately, I am such a nerd that I did well in that class and don't have to be embarrassed about the fact that she graded my stuff. I also remember a certain class mate trying to flirt with Lili even though she was already engaged and had a huge rock to remind this guy. Can you blame the guy though, well maybe a little bit, but Lili is a babe.

Jason, Lois and Lili
The Chef
Lili cooks delicious meals and she loves hosting people. Whenever we get an invite to their house, I know my tummy and my heart will be happy after that visit. Somehow the food always tastes better when you know that the chef had a good time making it. She also is very generous with her talent. She offered to bring food to us to the hospital on the day that Saku was born. Hospital food obviously got nothing on Lili's cooking.
Lili, a friendship like yours is a gift that keeps on giving. I'm grateful to know that you will be with us in Tucson at least a little longer. Hope you will get to have Jason with you for Christmas, but no matter what, you will have little Lois to give you lots of holiday kisses.
Molly
The kind of strength that matters
Molly is incredibly strong. She gave birth to sweet Olivia in May; unlike most first time moms, she didn't get to take her baby home with her for a while and she has been juggling feeding tubes and doctor's appointments for months on top of the worries of an average first time mom. Olivia has been such a little fighter and she is doing fabulously well now. And how could she not, she has a mother who is so full of spunk and life. She has a mother who loves her so much and treasures every little thing about her. I was absolutely amazed by Molly's strength to handle everything so well. One day little Olivia will understand what her mother had to go through to just have her daughter with her and she will be so proud of her.

Molly and Olivia
A happy and fun marriage
Molly has a wonderful husband. And it has always been so obvious to me that these two are so in love. Molly might blog about something sweet that Charles did for her or make some kind of a romantic or even a cheesy comment about him; however, it is always heartfelt and it makes you feel happy. When Molly and Charles were engaged (and if my memory is correct, they were apart from each for few months), I remember Molly making a comment about how much she wanted to make out with him. And I thought "that is so sweet and fun" rather than "why would you tell me that?". Marriage takes a lot of work and Molly makes it look so fun. I bet she and Charles are an inspiration to the people around them. I know they are for me.

Charles and Molly
Unique, OK sometimes little weird:)
Molly has some very unique preferences such as she does not spoons, so I believe that she eats her cereal with a fork and drinks the milk. She also doesn't like dimes (or maybe it's nickels). I don't care what's in my pocket as long as it's money;) Molly can also say words backwards. I honestly don't really understand how it works, but she can take a word and pronounce it backwards. I know there are so many more fun and little weird facts about Molly that I don't know. Maybe one day she can email me a list:)
Molly, I hope you have the most wonderful Christmas. I wish we could be near each other to support each other during this adventure called motherhood. You are in my thoughts constantly. Much love to you and little Olivia.
6 comments:
What a great description of Molly. Love that girl! She really is full of spunk, fun, and love. Molly can make the mundane fun in so many ways. Now my evening will be full of laughs as I remember fun times with Miss Molly.
I just love what you wrote about Lili and I couldn't agree more! But I have to say that while there are some people whose passion for politics makes me want to shy away from debate, Lili's style makes it interesting and informative to get into a debate. Does that make sense?
wow, thank you so much! Totally made my week. I've been reading everyone else's descriptions, and I couldn't believe you chose to include me with them. I'm really flattered!
Eevi, you are so, so wonderful! Thank you for such kind words and for such a wonderful friendship. I'm so glad that we are great friends. I so much admire your desire to be the best that you can be, for your kindness, for the amazing mother and wife that you are, for your Finnish finesse, and for so, so much more! I feel so privileged to be a part of your Christmas shout outs. What an honor! :-) I love you!
PS Your family pictures are AWESOME! I just think they are fantastic and really, Saku is adorable!
Bridget, I understand what you mean.I guess I never do any debating (except with Troy), especially when it comes to politics:)
My brother can say words backwards too. Even strange words like Albequerque! We think he should go on Dave Letterman and show off his talent. :)
Post a Comment