March 2011
Remember when Friday nights used to be a big deal. In college, I felt this pressure to do something fun each weekend because it was Friday after all. Once you have kids, things obviously change. Yes you can go on dates with or without the kids, but most of the time, we are in bed by 10 pm. I am perfectly OK with this. Sleep is a highly valued commodity around our house at the moment and there is no guarantee about how much or little of it we are blessed with each night.
Last night was great and so very much needed after three rough nights. I was only up for 20 minutes overall so when I woke up this morning, I was ready to conquer the world. Eerika took fabulous naps today and Saku was happy without any melt downs. I baked some Finnish cinnamon rolls and made enchiladas for dinner. I just enjoyed my children today so much.
In the evening, Haley and Trevor came over and our house was full of laughter and noise. Saku has struggled with kids coming over to our house and playing with his toys, but tonight he was more than willing to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment